Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rashida Quilt - WIP

The other day, I visited this awesome little local fabric place and spent a few moments looking for treasures. Found one! (Well, more than one, but that's a story for another time.)

This cute little bit of fabric came home with me and really wanted to be something adorable and cuddly. I knew from what I could see of the lopped off selvedge edge (and just the feel of the fabric) that it was a "real" quilting cotton. While I played with ideas and coordinating fabrics, I did a bit of research and discovered that it's from a line called "Rashida". I like it. It's sweet. And it wanted to become a little quilt, so I started working on that this afternoon.







That's a Kona solid and a stripe from the shop stash. The sleeping baby in my lap won't let me search out more details right now. I'll try to remember to get that information into the "yay, it's finished" post. ;)

I got a bit farther along, but lost the light so there aren't any more pictures just yet. If I get a little time at the sewing machine tomorrow, I should actually be able to finish the quilt top. I know what fabric I want to use on the back, but need to decide on a binding. No idea when I'm going to actually quilt it. I really have too much other stuff on my plate to be doing a quilt right this second, so I might need to finish the top and then let it mellow for a week or so while I clear up some outstanding projects. I REALLY like how it's coming along, so I'm not worried that it will be put aside for long.

No comments: